BELLAHIWOT.com is a online clothing and jewelry company providing an extra market for the farmers and weavers in Ethiopia. Founded by a young Ethiopia Designer, Hiwot Solomon, who’s eager to give back to to the poorest community in her home country.
We had the opportunity to email interview the Founder of BellaHiwot.com, Hiwot Solomon who’s part of the Africans Building Africa Community.
- Tell us about yourself and your organization
- How much did you need to start your organization and how were you able to raise that capital?
Not much at all ????! When I am on the ground in Ethiopia to visit my parents, I travel throughout the city and the countryside to buy handmade things from the farmers and weavers. I am passionate about helping the local poorest people with so much love for advancement in life but no resources to sell their products.
- What are some of the challenges you face in your organization and how do you overcome those challenges?
Materials and manufacturing costs due to economic growth. The unfit for human habitation, lack of water, etc …needs a holistic upgrade a village.
- Where do you see your organization in 5 years from now and what steps are you taking today to reach that objective?
Create multi-channel beautiful, luxurious Ethiopian and African textiles. Ethical change design to bring artisanal traditions to those for natural textile lovers.
- What advice would you give other entrepreneurs looking to start a business in Africa?
Do it! Be you, But do your homework!!
- How is your business participating to the development of Africa?
Working towards creating solutions, branding and closing the gap in girls education !!
LinkedIn: Hiwot Solomon