PayDunya is a new online payment platform launched by a young Senegalese who want to revolutionize the e-commerce sector in Senegal and Ivory Coast. PayDunya allows African Internet consumers to easily and securely pay for goods and services with mobile money or bank cards.
Here is an interview with the founder of PayDunya, Aziz Yerima who’s part of the Africans Building Africa movement.
- Where did the idea came from?
- Online payment in Africa, there is no way to pay without a credit card
- African e-merchants can not use PayPal in Africa because it requires a bank account based in the West or PayPal’s countries of presence.
- What’s your value preposition?
PayDunya is an online payment platform that allows African Internet users to pay with their mobile money account, money transfer services and Visa/Mastercard/GIM UEMOA bank cards on all websites accepting PayDunya (www.paydunya.com) as a means of payment in and outside Africa.
- API: It’s a matter of placing a payment button at the end of the customer’s website or mobile application so that consumers can click on it to make secure payments of the goods or services they purchase. More info: https://paydunya.com/services/apis; List of Partners: https://paydunya.com/trusted-companies
- Clic and Pay (CnP): Allows fast and secure sales on Facebook, WhatsApp or Ad Sites ideally for those who do not have websites or those who want to take advantage of the power of social networks to make sales. This service is used to sell physical goods such as T-Shirts, Smartphones, or Bags but also artistic works such as Music or Photos and literature such as books or novels which are downloaded directly in different files (PDF, Word, Excel, PPT, MP3, JPEC, JPG, PNG, GIF, MP4, and RAR) after payments are accepted for digital goods. More Info: https://paydunya.com/services/clic-and-pay.
- What is the added value of your product/Service?
- A single PLC integration allowing access to all means of payment
- Payment at Delivery (PAL): If you sell physical goods (e-commerce, restaurant etc. ) that require delivery, the option “PayDunya PAL (Payment at Delivery)” allows you to pay before delivery but to confirm payment by the customer at the time of delivery. This service supports API solutions (payments on website or mobile application) and Clik and Pay (Sales on Social Media Networks and Ad Sites) so the customer is refunded if he’s not satisfied with the delivery.
- No bank account require to make payments
- Profit Power from social networks to make sales
- Receive payment of mobile money from Senegal and Ivory Coast and bank cards from all over the world
- Who are your customers?
- E-Businesses and other e-merchants
- And Individuals
- What communication channels do you use to reach your customers?
Digital marketing (Email, social networks, phone, instant messengers, online chat service on paydunya.com) and physical meetings for big business
- What human resources do you currently have?
- Myself as the CEO
- A technical team composed of R&D and CTO
- A salesman, marketer, and designer
- How much have you raised so far?
We initially raise about $33,00o as first a round of funding. We’re indeed getting ready for a second round in December 2016.
- Who are your partners?
- Senegal: BICIS, UBA, Orange Money and Joni Joni/Vitfe
- Ivory Coast: Orange Money and MTN